Purchase Ledger Supervisor£27,000 - £30,000Victoria, South West London (SW1)About us
Our philosophy is simple. To create enriching experiences for our travellers by combining an unbeatable mix of exceptional service and quality at great value. No matter what their taste, whether they are a family or a couple, a group or travelling solo—The Travel Corporation offers something for everyone. Our employees strive to create unforgettable memories and experiences for all our clients. We push ourselves to consistently do better, to be the leader with all our brands. We are dedicated to the team, understanding that not one of us works best alone. As a worldwide travel expert, we currently operate in 60 countries, with over 35 offices and more than 10,000 team members, serving over 1.5 million customers annually. Career opportunities at The Travel Corporation are as diverse as the travel experiences we offer and our teams, our family, is absolutely our greatest asset. Working with a collaborative team spirit, we are dedicated to providing exceptional service to our customers. We provide training and support to foster career development
as well as internal growth opportunities
within the business. We also encourage our staff to take advantage of our staff volunteer programme
, which facilitates two workdays annually for each employee to give their time to a charity of their choice
in their local community. That along with the excellent travel discounts offered to our employees
makes it an attractive value proposition in experiencing, first hand, the unforgettable travel experiences we offer to our customers. So if you are interested in getting involved with one of the world’s most exciting industries and joining a team as a Purchase Ledger Supervisor that places high value on innovation, customer service and giving back, then we would like to hear from you.
Purchase Ledger Supervisor Responsibilities and Roles
- Leading and managing Purchase ledger team and overseeing Purchase Ledger functions
- Providing support and development to team and conducting monthly performance review
- Able to review the current processes and procedures and making improvement
- Supervising the daily and weekly payment runs
- Record supplier refunds & return funds
- Dealing with Cash & Travelex card requests and intercompany recharge invoices
- Creating and maintaining supplier accounts in the accounting system
- Liaising with other departments and suppliers to resolve queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Handling internal & external queries (Email and Telephone).
- Balance sheet reconciliations on Stock control, prepayment, suspense, petty cash, liabilities accounts, etc
- Any other ad-hoc duties that are required to be undertaken on a day to day basis.
Purchase Ledger Supervisor Skills / Personality ExpectationInspirational leadership and leading by example Proven experience in a similar Finance role Understanding of P&L and Balance sheet reconciliationProactive and confident to make decisions Adherence to deadlines.Strong IT skills.Detail oriented and Accurate.Numerate and Flexible.Excellent organisational and communication skills.The ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
AAT/ACCA Qualification desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate is preferred to be immediately available and willing to work extra hours if needed during the busy season.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77511785