Teaching Assistant - Cardiff
Teaching Assistant (TA) - Cardiff
£55 - £60 per day
Full time/ Part time / Daily work available
Academics are looking to hire a qualified teaching assistant to be placed in a primary school in Cardiff. Academics work closely with a number of primary schools across Cardiff and are looking for a teaching assistant who is enthusiastic, hardworking and someone who can use their own initiative within a classroom setting helping children develop and learn.
If you are looking for a career in education or a stepping stone to becoming a teacher then teaching assistant work is a great way to gain valuable experience and confidence. Many of our current teaching assistants have progressed into teaching and those that have chosen to stay as an assistant have gained long term or permanent employment.
At the moment we are looking for qualified teaching assistants, however due to the demand from schools we are always talking to individuals who may not have the qualifications but have experience within a classroom setting.
We can provide work from daily positions for those who are looking for flexibility and also long term positions for those who are looking for a career as a teaching assistant.
To become part of the Academic teaching team at this Primary School you will:
* Have experience of working in a classroom setting within the last 3 years
* Experience in a primary school setting is beneficial
* Able to provide support to children of varying abilities in an innovative way
* Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
* Able to support the learning policies and become an active member of the teaching team
* Able to expand the learning ability for pupils of all levels
As part of the Academics Supply Team you will benefit from:
* The support of a dedicated Primary consultant
* Plenty of opportunities for long term contracts as well as an option of shorter and periodic work
* Great rates of pay
* Excellent opportunities for CPD training (including Read, Write Inc)
* Opportunity to join our Team-Teach training scheme
To Apply or for more information please contact the Academics team on 02920 100525 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77590591