Senior Cost Manager - Home Working
I am looking for a Senior Cost Manager to support my client, a public sector organisation, on their national construction programme. An immediate start, and a daily rate of £350/ Day+ depending upon experience.
My client is a public sector organisation, who are currently managing a multi million pound nationwide construction programme of works.
The Senior Cost Manager will:
- Offer support in the management of the cost and technical aspects of the c£4.5bn capital building budget for the programme;
- Be responsible for the management of 2 of the 4 technical advisory commissions across both programme;
- Manage the feasibility approval process for the projects going through the programme including setting and approving of budgets;
- Advise on procurement routes and options offering support to the project directors as and when required;
- Provide cost management advice and support ensuring that costs forecasts and reports are kept up to date on a monthly basis working with the Project Director to report any slippage;
- Advise on contractual and commercial issues during contract negotiations including highlight any trends that require intervention by senior management;
- Lead on contractual claims in unison with the commercial managers and setting direction to the Project Directors to ensure that the client's financial position is protected; and
- Manage the change control process within their delegated authority escalating to the head of cost and technical as and when required.
The successful Senior Cost Manager would ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in a construction related subject.
- Full membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, the Chartered Institute of Building). Candidates with demonstrable equivalent experience to that required for full membership will be considered.
- experience of delivering building projects from feasibility stage, through procurement, design development and construction, to completion and handover
- understanding of D&B and PPP/PFI contracts and particularly the allocation of risk within them
- experience of cost management for a building project
- understanding of the technical issues associated with the delivery of buildings, particularly those associated with overcoming site specific challenges to development
The candidate is able to work remotely and will be paid outside of IR35 £350/ Day+ depending upon experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77592561