This new role is an exceptional opportunity with a global brand for someone who has had experience of preparing management and financial accounts of small to medium sized businesses.
Our client is classed as an SME but it's brand is well known globally, this coupled with the groups growth plans over the next 5 years this is an exciting time to join the business.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and presenting to the Head of Finance.
- Preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts in conjunction with budget holders
- Monitoring of expenditure, identifying potential areas of saving against budgets and reforecasting budgets accordingly
- Management of budgets held by the Head of Finance and that department.
- Leading the month and year end processes - including reconciliations, intercompany transactions
- Analysis of profit and loss and balance sheet.
- Collating information for the monthly management accounts pack for Head of Finance review.
- Preparing and completing the financial year end (31 Dec), preparation of audit file, reconciliation and preparation of financial statements, financial accounting policy recommendations, liaison with auditors
- Supporting the Accounts Manager in ensuring that financial systems/processing are accurate and regularly reconciled, income is received timeously and costs are paid in line with expectations. Assisting the Accounts Manager in journals and unresolved items.
- Covering for Accounts Manager holidays.
- Authorising payments and liaising with the Treasury department on day to day basis
- In conjunction with the Head of Finance, provide guidance to the Accounts Manager in preparing VAT Returns and Payroll processing
- In conjunction with tax advisors, assist the Head of Finance in preparation of work required for annual corporate tax computations, tax returns and tax planning.
- Assist the HoF and IT team in creating and maintaining a business dashboard comprising a suite of financial and other key performance indicator reports. Providing business analyst services as required by the organisation.
- Providing assistance to the HoF in other areas of financial accountability
- Other duties as reasonably requested by the HoF
The right candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (CA, CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent) and you will be keen to continue to develop and progress. This will suit someone who has had experience of preparing management and financial accounts of small to medium sized businesses. Corporate Tax, Payroll and VAT experience would also be desirable. But support will be given in these areas and it is more important that the candidate has an interest in widening their skills in this regard
Competitive basic salary and package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77557028