Accounts Receivable Assistant - Brent
An independant Bilingual School are looking for an enthusiastic, progressive and keen Accounts Receivable Assistant for our Finance department to support the Finance Manager by ensuring the objectives of the team are met with regards to financial management, cash and debt management, financial planning and forecasting. This opportunity is excellent for someone who is a confident communicator as he/she will be in touch with the schools families, speaking both French and English.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage and take the lead on the invoicing of School fees and additional chargeable activities to parents;
- Preparation and collection of invoices for all aspects of the school life (field trips, tuition fees, after school activities etc);
- Reconciliation of the accounts to understand which families' payments are outstanding;
- Liaise with the other members of staff on a monthly basis to ensure all income recorded via the bank are accounted for;
- Daily Bank reconciliation;
- Maintain customer database and set up new customers as required;
- Responsible for the reconciliation of a number of balance sheet control accounts;
- Assist in the preparation of the organisations monthly and annual accounts and supporting financial statements and working papers to high professional standards of quality and timeliness.
Education & Experience Required
- Part / qualified ACA/ACCA ideal;
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English;
- Relevant accounting qualification ideal;
- Qualified to a degree level.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77538447