Primary SEN TA
Are you looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant role in Newham?
Do you have experience working pupils who have ASD? if so, we have the job for you!
Academics are recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant to work within a mainstream primary school in Newham. This is a 2 form entry primary school in Newham with a 'Good' Ofsted rating. The headteacher and SLT are experience and highly supportive. If you would like to work alongside an inspired and hard working team this is the school for you.
The school is seeking to appoint an excellent, enthusiastic teaching assistant ideally with experience with SEN students with ASD. This post offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who is passionate about Autism and committed to further developing their skills and expertise.
The role is to work in a Year 2 class and assist the class teacher with the SEN students in the class. This will involve 1:1 along with small group work. The school are looking for the right candidate to come in and trial asap. This is for a long term role, at least until the end of the year. The daily rate is competitive and can be discussed before your CV being sent to the school.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Experience of working with pupils with autism
- Minimum 1 years paid experience.
- Flexible and available for full time work.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.
- Think and plan strategically
- Caring attitude and a passion to contribute to the learning and development of pupils.
- Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
- Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.
To discuss this position further please contact Conor at Academics on 0203 031 4862 or email me at
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77533822