Teaching Assistant Role - Cardiff
£55-£60 per day (depending on experience and job role)
Academics are looking to hire a qualified teaching assistant in Cardiff to work within primary schools. Currently the work load is too high for our current staff therefore we are looking at hard working individuals who have a passion for working with children in a classroom setting. The schools we work with are looking for a teaching assistant that has the initiative to work on their own with small groups of children as well as helping individuals on a 1:1 basis is required.
If you are looking for a career in education or a stepping stone to becoming a teacher then teaching assistant work is a great way to gain experience. Many of our current teaching assistants have progressed into teaching and those that have chosen to stay as an assistant have gained long term or permanent employment.
We have opportunities starting ASAP and can provide anything from daily work for those looking for flexibility to long term roles for people who would like a career as a teaching assistant. At the moment we are looking for a qualified teaching assistant, however due to the demand from schools we are always talking to individuals who may not have the qualifications but have experience within a classroom setting.
To become part of the Academic teaching team at this Primary School you will:
* Have experience of working in a classroom setting within the last 3 years
* Experience in a primary school setting is beneficial
* Able to provide support to children of varying abilities in an innovative way
* Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
* Able to support the learning policies and become an active member of the teaching team
* Able to expand the learning ability for pupils of all levels
As part of the Academics Supply Team you will benefit from:
* The support of a dedicated Primary consultant
* Plenty of opportunities for long term contracts as well as an option of shorter and periodic work
* Great rates of pay
* Excellent opportunities for CPD training (including Read, Write Inc)
* Opportunity to join our Team-Teach training scheme
To Apply or for more information please contact the Cardiff team on 02920 100525 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77534924