Assistant Management Accountant
- Ensure contract/job income and costs are updated and maintained by liaising with commercial leads and/or operational managers
- Review of work in progress, ensuring accurate and timely issue of sales invoices
- Assist with checking and dealing with queries relating to Supplier invoices where required.
- Prelims (Overhead) review and forecasting support
- Month End journals and assistance with month end reporting
- Support Finance Manager and Commercial leads with the production of forecasts and budgets
- Provide support in validation of and information for fee proposals/tenders
- Assist with debt collection and resolution of queries as required.
- Review and monitor WIP days and values at contract/job level, with a view to minimise WIP days and working capital levels
- Support the Finance Manager in implementing Wates standard systems, processes and procedures
We are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant who has a professional accountancy qualification or is working towards one. Experience and/or knowledge of COINS financial system, Project Accounting and of the construction industry would also be an advantage.
To be successful in this role you will be enthusiastic and a confident individual with a flexible approach to work. Alongside this you will be highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
A bit about us:Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. Our vision is to become the most trusted partner in the built environment with an ambition to become a £2bn turnover business.As a progressive and rewarding business we offer our people the opportunity to grow their careers whilst working together to deliver the promises we make to our customers.Our company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through our business at every level and are at the heart of everything we do.The wellbeing and safety of our people is our priority, therefore creating a zero harm culture and encouraging a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Wates Group are a responsible and inclusive employer and are proud to have been recognised for this through accolades including C2E (Committed to Equality) and Investors in People (Gold).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77534162