Technical Engineer (W/M) Automotive Plastic Components - Germany
We are one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of specialised thermoplastics & extrusion seating components for the automotive industry and have a fabulous opportunity for an ambitious Technical Engineer to take responsibility for providing technical on/offsite support to clients across Automotive OEM and Tier 1 Suppliers. Fluency in German & English.
SALARY: €45,000 + Fully Expensed Car + benefits
LOCATION: Ansbach, Germany (Applications in English Please)
Formed in 1966, we are one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of seating thermoplastics and extrusion components to Automotive OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers. With factories and offices across the UK, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Spain, Russia, France, South Africa and Germany, this role will include travel around Germany and some international travel to our factories in the UK and Slovakia.
As a result of our ambitious growth strategies within Germany we now have an immediate opening for a talented and commercial Technical Engineer to take responsibility for maintaining and developing existing relationships with our Automotive OEM’s and Tier 1 customers. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance and solutions to R&D projects as well as those already in production.
As part of our existing team based in Ansbach, Bavaria, you will receive full product training at our European Headquarters based in the UK.
THE ROLE - Technical Engineer
* Nurture, manage and support existing relationships and partnerships with all of the major Automotive OEM’s and supporting Tier 1 suppliers in respect of their automotive seating requirements
* Provide technical assistance and solutions to NPD seating projects in development as well as those already in production
* Work with OEM’s to ensure compliance with material specifications, pull-off/airbag test requirements
* Act as an interface between the clients and the internal R&D teams in the UK and Slovakia providing accurate information to assist in the creation of samples that meet the requirements of our clients
* Analyse and investigate complex customer complaints and propose measures to resolve and avoid problems
* Ensure availability of necessary documentation (BOM, product information, product liability & compliance, analysis & quality data, etc.)
THE PERSON - Technical Engineer
* Sound technical training, either through education or from a formal apprenticeship route.
* Understanding of plastics manufacturing or similar i.e. chemical, surface measurement, tooling, seating, trim etc.
*Experience of working in a similar Technical support role preferably within the Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier channel.
* Excellent account management skills, warm & engaging with a sense of humour and a confident manner.
* Logical thinker with great spatial awareness.
* Excellent IT skills, specifically with relation to use of spreadsheets.
* Autonomous self-starter, with strong planning and organisational skills.
* Fluency, both written and oral in German and English.
* Current passport and driving licence.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Technical Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Applications Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Account Manager, Automotive, OEM, Tier 1, Plastics Extrusion, Thermoplastics, Automotive Seating, Automotive Trim, Plastic Components.
PLEASE APPLY IN ENGLISH
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald by email quoting Technical Engineer (W/M) reference TF1711-24 to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. United Kingdom. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77545763