Accounts Payable Officer
This Accounts Payable Officer role will work as part of the Pharmaceuticals company Finance Department, assisting the Accounts Payable Manager to ensure that expenses and invoices are processed, audited and paid in a timely fashion. This role is more than processing and includes query management, process improvements and supplier relationship management based out of their Cambridge offices
Exciting and fast paced Pharmaceuticals company with a great team environment and culture that fosters personal and professional development with training provided. This role is looking for a Accounts Payable Officer confident already in Accounts Payable keen to use their experience to add value and start assisting with the month end close and reporting duties. Looking for an experienced or strong up and coming clerk whose keen to get grips with the role quickly in order to add value. Based in North Cambridge at the science park they have parking and great facilities
Specific Accounts Payable Officer Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the running of the Accounts Payable section ensuring compliance to agreed processes and policies.
- Processing invoices using their inhouse and SAP systems, respond and investigate supplier and colleague invoicing queries including statements and PO's.
- Assist in monthly close process by ensuring invoices are posted by end of the month.
- Assist with the review of monthly reconciliations, weekly overdue invoices reporting and monthly AP KPI reporting
- Assist with overseeing outsourced company expense processing.
- Take part in projects to improve the systems and processes used within the Finance Department.
- Take part in regular system Key User meetings
- Attend and participate in appropriate learning events for both personal and professional development.
- Attend department and directorate meetings which require an element of international travel.
- Provide cover for the Account Payable Supervisor.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required.
Accounts Payable Officer Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge and experience in accounts payable accounting and VAT is essential.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP and Concur is preferable, however training can be provided.
- Practical knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and flexibility to learn new IT systems
Personal & Leadership Characteristics
- Good communicator to both internal and external contacts.
- Actively works as a team member as well as working autonomously.
- Strong organisational skills and planning ability.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under time pressure.
- Consistently demonstrates and encourages others to demonstrate the Company's Core Values; Honesty, Respect, Passion, Innovation, and Commitment.
- Strong ethical standards and a high level of personal integrity.
- Adheres to the Company's Compliance and Code of Business Ethics guidelines.
Exciting and fun working environment and the opportunity in this role to be a Senior member of the Accounts Payable team, assisting the Manager with month end close, reporting and reconciliations. With progression prospects and training on offer this is an opportunity not to be missed with a market leading benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77530262