This is a unique opportunity to join a award winning company with a forward looking positive approach to the long term site and group business success.Apprenticeship summary
- Working week
- Monday - Friday 9am – 5:30pm core hours
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- Weekly wage
- Expected apprenticeship duration
- Provide front desk and telephone support; managing and dealing with day to day queries.
- Ensuring expectations and satisfaction is achieved in line with the National Code of Standards and my client's own procedures.
- Engaging with residents to help provide a ‘home-from-home’ experience.
- Assisting Student Experience events and administration.
- Ensure visitors are signed in and out of the site.
- Registering and handing out resident post and parcels.
- Be proactive and inform the management team of any problems and situations arising.
- Be fully conversant with the residences’ Mental Health awareness protocols; be able to direct students to specialist resources and be able to deal with emergency situations if they arise.
- Ensuring a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Provide general administrative support to the residence team including writing letters, raising invoices, taking payments and issuing receipts, filing, photocopying, emailing and data entry.
- Ensuring all office administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain records of students and occupancy lists.
- Check daily night services/senior student log and record and inform management of any incidences
- Compiling welcome and marketing packs.
- Comply with Data Protection legislation and all Company procedures
- Carry out any reasonable ad hoc requests by management team.
- Assist with debt collection in line with policies and procedures of the company.
- Use of internal finance package, Kinetic Solutions, to input financial information and to extract important financial information.
- Ensure billing is completed in line with company procedures as set out by the company.
- Actively support the Management team in the following areas
- Assisting with business and revenue generating opportunities by working with the Management Team.
- Assist in arranging and conducting sales viewings for prospective residents and help manage the student renewal and expansion process.
- Follow policies and procedures dictated by current H&S legislation under the guidance of the company Health & Safety Manager.
- To be fully conversant with the company’s fire and emergency procedures.
- Log any maintenance faults reported and liaise with Management team
- Deal with contractors and coordinate and monitor the onsite repairs service
- Assisting the team by helping to maintain high levels of site cleanliness and presentation, including internal and external areas of the residence, to the standard required by the company.
- Assist with regular room/building maintenance checks to include resident move in/move out process.
- Assist during the student/customer move in/move out process and provide a smooth transition for the resident whilst supporting the management team in ensuring all administrative, operational and financial aspects are completed to a high standard.
- Be responsible for issuing and retrieving keys and swipe cards to students/customers during the move in/move out process.
- Assisting with the preparation of resident accommodation at the end of each tenancy agreement ready of the new arrivals.
- During the summer/turn-around period, all staff are required to ‘muck-in’ and hlp to get the site ready for summer business and/or the new arrivals, this may include physically demanding activities, such as helping to ‘lift and shift’ furniture, domestic equipment and appliances associated with a large accommodation environment.
- Ability to work with others and support other effectively in a team.
- Effective customer service skills with a willingness to accommodate customer positively and communicate positive and negative messaged effectively with others.
- Good personal organisation and administrative skills with the ability to self-organise to meet competing deadlines.
- Proactive, self-motivated, resilient, flexible & adaptable.
- Strong confident manner.
- Committed to own learning and continuous improvement through training and development.
- Minimum: Educated to GCSE grade A – C in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Good use and comprehension of spoken and written English.
- Interest and willingness to study and train in order to successfully complete the appropriate apprenticeship modules and an aspiration to attain further qualifications and proven experience in this field of work.
- Acceptance by the Employer’s Apprenticeship training provider onto the relevant apprenticeship training course.
Full time role
About the employer
My client is a student accommodation provider and is based all over UK and mainland Europe offering accommodation in 21 cities, they provide high quality off site university halls of residence. The company own and manage the buildings for students to live in, providing, housekeeping, maintenance, security and support to each residence. The comppany have just under 500 employees, have been going since 1999 and have a wide variety of company benefits and training initiatives in place
Training to be provided
Property Maintenance Operative Level 2Apprenticeship standard
Property Maintenance OperativeTraining provider
The Intraining Group Limited
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77511982