Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Cost Accountant to join a reputable business in Stoke on Trent. The position is full time and permanent, and requires either a Part Qualified, fully Qualified or Qualified by experience candidate to join the growing team and hit the ground running from the start.
The main focus for the Cost Accountant is to evaluate the successes of current processes and the cost of proposed projects. Other duties include:
- Evaluate margin impact of credits issue and operational processes, customer and product mix
- Month end margin reconciliation within 2 day deadline including trading and operational impacts
- To take responsibility for preparation, presentation and organisation of a monthly margin meeting to cover all areas of the business
- Evaluate timing and benefit of promotional buy in activity
- Develop processes to collect data analysis to be reported and presented by Commercial Support
- To complete detailed financial analysis in all areas of the business
- Preparation of budget templates to include cost analysis
- Preparation of Quarterly Rolling Forecast Templates to include cost analysis
- Management of 1 member of staff
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven costing experience in a previous position
- Analytical with acute attention to detail
- Understanding of Commercial aspects of a business
- Staff management skills
- Organisation and change management skills
- Ability to research, interpret, compile and present data
- FMCG experience would be ideal, but not essential
Qualified, Part-Qualified and QBE candidates will be considered. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately, with interviews taking place next week.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Jemma Bailey.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77501349