Trainee Cargo Broker
Due to continued growth throughout 2017 and into 2018, this is an ideally opportunity for a Trainee Cargo Broker to join a growing company who are dedicated to providing bespoke air charter solutions for all of their clients' needs. This role would ideally suit someone with some experience of freight forwarding either by road air or sea and / or someone with a proven track record in sales and cold calling. Attitude is essential in this role as there will be some business development - cold calling - and a willingness to learn. It is a great opportunity for someone who has the maturity to see this as a long term career move and opportunity to gain a good background in the industry.
Key to this role will be the development of a portfolio of clients, client and supplier relationship management and management of cargo charter bookings from first enquiry to completion of the trip.
Required skills and experience:
- Confidence in approaching new clients and building relationships
- Fluency in English essential with additional languages an advantage
- Ability to liaise at senior level
- Results driven and disciplined
- Educated to degree level
- A hard-working, self-motivated team player
Applications are being accepted from:
- Degree educated candidates with a minimum of 6+ months previous new business, B2B, sales or telemarketing experience
- Those with a solid understanding of the business markets and proven sales figures
- Confident, driven, proactive individuals committed to furthering a career in sales
- Intelligent graduates with excellent communication skills and a good geographical understanding
The chosen candidate will be trained under the direction of a Senior Manager during there bespoke mentoring program. This training will ensure that you have all the support required to build your knowledge, as well as your own portfolio of clients in order to become a successful broker in aviation chartering!
What my client can offer:
- A competitive base salary together with
- Commission scheme with potential earnings in the first year of £5,000+ and scope for much greater earnings as your career develops
- Private Health Care and Pension Scheme
- A friendly working environment, appreciative of team-players
- Comprehensive training and support
- Opportunities for career progression
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77445893