Purchase Ledger Clerk
This is an excellent opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to be based in Orpington - Kent - Accounting and Finance - Commerce and Industry
A successful organisation who are expanding there finance department.
- The Purchase Ledger is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Maintaining/reconciling all of the Trade Creditors in the Purchase ledger (except inter-company creditors)
- Processing (upfront) payments payments & Advising Credit control team (as appropriate)
- Daily contact chasing of suppliers (for copy invoices) by phone, email etc.
- Directing invoice queries to relevant personnel/offices
- Monthly runs to supplier in accordance with agreed payment terms
- Maintain Supplier account address, bank & other contact details
- Ad hoc Creditor reporting to Internal/external stakeholders
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of the Creditor report
- Ability to meet deadlines / work under pressure
- Accuracy & Attention to detail e.g. allocation of Creditor payments
- Basic MS Excel skills i.e. many reports from debtor's ledger can be downloaded into excel, so ability to 'Apply Filters, set print to fit etc.' a must Basic MS Word e.g. draft a nonstandard letter to client
- MS Outlook emailing & utilization of Calendar/reminders
- Self-driven i.e. ability to work on own initiative and organise/plan their activities e.g. payment run timing
- Also, able to work as part of a team e.g. to help meet deadlines
- Highly organised
- Effective communicator both by phone, email etc.
- Experience of multi-currency invoices & cash posting
A competitive salary and benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77550481