Senior Accountant - flexible working hours
Our client a firm expanding through growth and change require an experienced accountant, qualified or qualified by experience to take charge of a small growing team.
Working alongside the director you will assist and work with a number of small and medium sized businesses and provide a range of accountancy, management accounting and taxation services that add value and growth.
Review and preparation of client management accounts.
Review of year end accounts and financial statement.
Preparation of client year end accounts for Companies, Partnerships, LLP’s and Trusts including lead schedules
Preparation of company accounts to UK GAAP/FRS for Companies, Partnerships, LLP’s and Trusts.
Preparation of basic tax returns and computations for Companies, Partnerships and individuals.
Responsible for assisting, training and advising staff
Responsible for assisting, training and advising clients with their accounting.
Client management and communication.
VAT returns and VAT issues.
Preparation of files for external auditors.
Developing and setting up cloud accounting systems and procedures for clients.
you will have the following skills:Essential
• Reconcile bank accounts to cash book (Bank reconciliation)
• Reconcile Control Accounts
• Bookkeeping of the following;
- Set of books by double entry to Trial balance
- Ledgers (General, Sales & Purchase ledger)
• Produce an extended Trial Balance.
• Overseeing fixed asset register and calculate depreciation.
• Calculate prepayments and accruals.
• Prepare management accounts.
• Knowledge and calculations of business ratios and KPI’s.
• Knowledge in Payroll and PAYE.
• VAT and prepare VAT returns.
• Find information and analyze from accounts system.
• Working knowledge of VAT and can advise clients on VAT issues.
• Keen knowledge of UK taxation.
• iXBRL Tagging.
• Iris accounts preparation, tax and practice management system.
• Knowledge in MS Office application (MS Word & Outlook).
• Excellent MS Excel skills.
• Knowledge in Sage Line 50.
• Knowledge in Cloud accounting systems -Xero, QuickBooks & Sage 1.
• Teamwork & Communication skills.
• Strategic and analytical thinking.
• Follow and develop work procedures.
• Meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Written and Oral communication.
• Interpersonal awareness and touch type.
• Keen attention to details and efficient.
• Ability to learn in using different software and system.
• Familiar with standard tax law.
• Experience with the process of Incorporation, Partnerships into Limited Companies.
• Knowledge of Payroll and Auto Enrolment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77544888