Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk – Cleckheaton, Bradford
About the Accounts Payable Clerk Role:
As our Accounts Payable Clerk, you’ll join our friendly, diverse team at the Company's Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) near Bradford.
The FSSC acts as a central financial processing centre for Smiths News and Tuffnells and is responsible for accounts payable and receivable.
With a strong reputation for controlled financial processing, this is an expanding area of the business where every individual is seen to contribute to its success, and where we promote a positive, motivational work environment, encouraging personal development at all levels.
In this interesting and challenging role you will:
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes
- Deal with invoice and credit note discrepancies, ensuring all queries are dealt with promptly and accurately and taking appropriate corrective action
- Liaise with warehouses and suppliers regarding discrepancies and taking appropriate action
- Highlighting and escalating non-compliance and recurring issues with warehouses and/or suppliers
- Administration tasks including incoming and outgoing post, scanning and filing
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive salary, flexi time, on-site parking and canteen facilities.
With an acute attention to detail, you will have the ability to work logically with financial data to enable you to identify and resolve discrepancies and problems as they arise.
With strong written and verbal communication skills, you will be able to liaise effectively with external and internal contacts, some of which are based overseas.
You will be able to work effectively with others to manage a heavy work load, prioritising your time to ensure all individual and team tasks and deadlines are achieved.
Experience of Microsoft Office software, particularly excel, and previous experience of using a computerised finance system would be an advantage but is not essential as training will be given.
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.9bn, we employ 6,700 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
- Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Pass My Parcel. Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share; Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content; Pass My Parcel, a wholly-owned 'click and collect' delivery service, operated by the Smiths News business, has a network of over 3,000 parcel shops and clients which include Amazon and ASOS
- Mixed Freight - Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77537117