SEN TA in Southwark
TEACHING ASSISTANT - SOUTHWARK - IMMEDIATE
** DEDICATED TO PROVIDING 1:1 PROFOUND SUPPORT
** AN ASPIRING FUTURE TEACHER
** EXPERIENCED WORKING WITH AUTISTIC CHILDREN
** INTERESTD IN SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
** EAGER TO EXTEND SEN EXPERIENCE
* Experience with SEN pupils - required
* Willing to work 1:1 with a child- experience needed
* Seeking to further experience with SEN students
* Either living, or able to commute easily to Southwark
* Dedicated to assisting an SEN child with their learning paths
* Seeking a full time position
* Seeking work in a long term role
* Immediate start -July 2018 (potential for next academic year to continue)
* Seeking a pay scale of around £70 per day (£75 with excellent experience already)
* Confident working with an Autistic child - knowledge of Autism
Working with an SEN pupil on a 1:1 basis will require a candidate who has previous experience working with SEN children. This experience can be in various roles, not necessarily within a School setting, although this would be helpful as an understanding of EHCP's and behavioural methods could be advantageous.
As this position will require some background knowledge of working with an autistic child, it is vital that they understand the requirements they may have (behavioural, social, emotional support, EHCP).
In this SEN position a candidate will need to work alongside this child in KS2 and support them with their day to day classwork within the classroom. A Teaching Assistant who is motivated, dedicated and above all personable and supportive is what this Primary School is seeking for this pupil.
As this child will need continuity, a candidate who can remain within the position, full time and until the end of the academic year is essential. It is important that this pupil's Teaching Assistant understands their specific needs, as they will need to be supported whilst on their educational path.
The SEN position available will offer a willing candidate an abundance of not only SEN experience, but in class experience also.
If you'd like to be considered and immediately shortlisted please send your CV to Becki Dedman at Academics. Interviews are being held immediately so an individual who has a DBS would be at an advantage over one that does not.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77448366