Cash Allocation Administrator
Rexel UK, have a great opportunity for a Cash Allocation Administrator to join our finance team in Birmingham. Responsible for the timely allocation of cash from customer payments in a proactive manner to ensure customer accounts are accurate and up to date. Investigates Unallocated Cash and Unidentified Payments, and assigns to correct customer account. Works closely with Credit Control for query resolution and underpayment settlement. Build close relationships with Sales and work collaboratively to resolve payment allocation issues and disputes.
- Allocation of receipts to customer invoices and credit notes – electronic bank receipts, card payments, cheques, drafts and cash.
- Contact branches and customers on remittance enquiries.
- Assist in the reconciliations of customer accounts.
- Update customer accounts for returned payments.
- Participate in initiatives that contribute to a lean process culture. Identify and raise queries on over and under payments received.
- Clear unallocated cash to customer accounts and isolate unidentified cash.
- Identify and raise queries on over and under payments received
- Experience within Accounts Receivable.
- Previous experience in a Shared Services environment would be an advantage.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
- Good standard of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
- Competent in financial software packages such as M3 and Alloc8Team player
- Good written and numeracy skills
- Intermediate level of Excel
- Competent user of Microsoft Office2007, to include Outlook
The role is a full time permanent position Monday - Friday and we offer 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
Rexel is a global industrial distributor serving the Electrical, PPE and MRO sectors with over 30,000 employees, 2,100 branches and operations in 37 Countries. In the UK Rexel has over 3,500 staff working from 300 branches through 5 leading brands; Newey & Eyre, WF Senate, Denmans, Wilts and Parker Merchanting. Rexel is an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77464717