My client is a reputable, well known Legal firm based Reading Town Centre, are looking for a Float Legal Secretary.
Main purpose of job:
To provide secretarial cover for holidays and sickness in each department as required
To provide assistance to other secretaries when required
To have a good understanding of the firms systems to trouble-shoot issues where necessary and if unable to resolve to escalate to the relevant person
Main Duties and responsibilities
1. Provides a Secretarial / Typing Service to Solicitors
2. Managing client files
3. Knowledge and understanding
4. Using office systems and IT
5. General Duties
Preferably experience of working within a law firm and ideally within a Property team and/or Family team (familiarity with the forms and references used here would be beneficial)
Good and accurate typing speed (60 WPM)
Familiar with dictation and if possible outsourcing
Strong understanding of Microsoft office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Flexible and easy going
Robust and confident
3. Be able to deal with Land Registry and HMRC commonly used forms and processes
4. To deal accurately with filing - storing and retrieval of clients files in line with the Departments filing system.
5. To set up new files and new matters accurately and speedily on instructions from lawyers.
6. To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
7. To accurately administer billing and financial accounting transactions and procedures
This role would suit someone who has a legal secretarial background preferably in a property department.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77468570