Accounts Payable Assistant
A leading Engineering organisation based in Manchester City Centre are currently looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Clerk to join an established team.
The main purpose of the Accounts Payable Clerk role is to ensure that supplier queries/issues, in particular invoices and credit notes, are dealt with promptly and accurately in accordance with performance and quality standards.
Specific duties include:
* Create, maintain, and update supplier accounts
* Process high volumes of invoices and deal with supplier issues that may arise
* Manage and resolve internal invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
* Ensure all supplier statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with or escalated promptly
* Pro-actively manage blockages in respect to invoice approval and GRNI - engage with approvers and receipts to ensure they action approval/receipting promptly
* Support continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
* Accruals and journals
* Completing payment runs
* Undertake any necessary training and participate in training and development procedures
* Any other reasonable duties
The ideal candidate will have experience of the full end-to-end accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger function as well as good communication skills.
Experience of using Excel and the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team are also pre-requisites for this vacancy.
Our client offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a fast paced forward thinking organisation.
Please note that applications will only be considered from candidates who are immediately available or have a 1 week notice period.
Please click on the link below to apply for this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77528481