Learning Support Assistant
We are looking for a hard working, and committed Learning Support Assistant to for the delivery of study programme courses in Chatham.
Who are we?
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
Who are you?
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience within the post 16 Education sector.
- Commitment to enhancing and supporting young people's education
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications at level 2 or above)
- Excellent Organisational and planning skills and able to deal with conflicting priorities
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Desirable - Level 3 teaching qualification (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or an equivalent qualification)
The Learning Support will be responsible for supporting a wide range of delivery across the centre and providing 1-1 support to young people with additional needed.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and deliver Lesson Plans
- Respond to internal or external complaints promptly, challenging any anti-social behaviour and reporting any risks.
- Work with learners with a variety of support needs, including those with emotional and behavioural needs, learning difficulties and those who have disengaged from mainstream education.
- Record feedback to the lead trainer on progress of students' achievement against targets set including accredited qualifications and pastoral support needs and also work with learners around their individual learning plan
- To provide support to students integrated into mainstream classes during lessons and/or by assisting the student with preparation beforehand or reinforcement afterwards.
- To act as an escort on visits outside of the Centre.
- To attend and participate in regular meetings and student reviews as required.
- To liaise with management and staff, parents and other agencies.
A DBS Check will be required for this role.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees'
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which our work has changed lives here
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77509934