Income officer required for an Independent Supported Housing charity in Berkshire. This well-known housing charity primarily focuses on preventing homelessness and supports vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the local town. The Income Officer is a full-time, permanent role.
What's on offer?
As the Income Officer you will receive:
- Competitive starting salary of £25,000
- Generous pension scheme
- Central location, close to the train station
- Monday to Friday, 9-5.30pm
- Excellent training and support
Role / Responsibilities
As the Income Officer you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for ensuring all housing related income is collected from tenants
- Giving assistance and advice around claiming benefits and the support on offer
- Ensure completion of Housing Benefit forms
- To action arrears cases in accordance with the Arrears Policy and Procedure
- Take appropriate action to deal with breaches of debt related tenancy conditions
- Experience of managing rent accounts and arrears caseload
- Experience within a finance background
- Experience of presenting court cases, providing evidence, acting as a witness
- Experience of co-coordinating housing maintenance for support services
- Experience of working with contractors and effectively managing relationships
For further information on this position and many more please apply or call Anusha Tabari for an informal, confidential chat on 01189 485555.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77522393