Newly Qualified Accountant - Leading FS Firm
NEWLY QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT - LEADING FINANCIAL SERVICES FIRM
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Professional Recruitment are working with one of the leading financial services firms in Northern Ireland to recruit for a Qualified Accountant to join their Belfast operation. This role is very much geared towards newly qualified accountants who have just completed their training contact and are looking to make the move into industry in a highly commercial role. A firm such as this would add significant weight to a CV.
What you will do:
Working with Senior Management the successful candidate will play an important role within the Finance team in Belfast. You will be responsible for the management of the finance function including accounts payable/receivable and client cash. This role will also include line management of the accounts team and as well as administrative duties on an adhoc basis. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail and proven technical and leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of day to day relationship with designated clients
- Accurate review of client deliverables prepared by the Accountancy team
- Ensuring that more junior staff receive mentoring and guidance
- To develop a knowledge of allocated principal clients and relationship whereby you become their trusted day to day contact
- Ensuring that adequate training has been received and support provided in order to complete the role and be proactive in defining areas needing attention or support
- Ensure accurate invoicing and prompt payment from principal allocated clients
- Minimise risk to the company by ensuring all procedures and checklists are followed at all times
- Delegate, monitor and review the work of junior members of staff
What do we look for?
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience in a client facing role, managing and developing client relationships
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in training and mentoring more inexperience members of the team
- Comfortable communicating with Senior Management
- 'Can do' attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
+44 (0)28 9031 3157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77509501