Interim Senior Accountant
A broad-ranging interim Finance role with duties split between commercial and more technical aspects (largely centred around Capital Accounting).
Our Client are a Public Sector organisation.
Responsibilities revolve around delivering a full range of high quality financial management and accountancy services to a range of clients. These include members, strategic directors, schools and officers of the organisation, as well as auditors, government departments and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be required to assist in the management of the accountancy teams including other professionally qualified staff.
From a Finance perspective this hire will play an important role around Capital Accounting.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CCAB or equivalent)
- Have experience of working within the Public Sector and ideally within Local Government
- Demonstrate relevant experience of Capital Accounting
- Demonstrate experience of preparing budgets, monthly budget monitoring reports, preparation of monthly accounts, financial monitoring and annual accounts
- Have experience of appraising and evaluating the financial implications of projects and proposals using accounting techniques
- Have proven experience in successfully developing and/or maintaining financial models
- Have experience of and the communication skills needed to lead and manage people and projects
- Be computer literate with a high standard of spreadsheet skills and be familiar with financial information systems such as Oracle (E-Business Suite) and Business Intelligence
- Be available to start as soon as possible (ideally within one week)
Our Client is offering the opportunity to join their organisation on an interim basis with a prompt start date. There is the potential for the role to go permanent in the future should this appeal.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77492078