Paralegal (Assistant Editor)
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. Our client help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through their innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, they provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best.
Position Title: Assistant Editor (Paralegal)
Position Type: Temporary for 12 months
Role Purpose/ Summary: To provide efficient and responsive administrative and editorial assistance to one or more of the Practice Areas within Editorial.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Conducting and/or supporting the process for trawling websites and other sources of information to identify developments to cover in the brand's current awareness product offering.
- In collaboration with senior colleagues, filtering irrelevant results from the trawl, flagging how trawl items relate to previously covered items.
- Managing the processes for sending daily and weekly update e-mails and alerts.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, writing first drafts of new content for online publication and maintaining existing content, liaising with others to ensure that content is up-to-date and reflects current legal and market practice and is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
- Under supervision, making changes to published content as part of the maintenance cycle.
- Assisting with the maintenance of online and hard copy resources, including legislation trackers.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, responding to queries from customers and providing support to others to ensure that questions are answered and published appropriately.
- Proof reading new content, making corrections and ensuring that new content is produced in compliance with technical and editorial requirements.
- Providing administrative support to the group to help implement new technology and working systems.
- Performing general administration duties and managing internal processes for the Practice Area teams, particularly in relation to the planned move to new offices in Canary Wharf.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Undergraduate Law Degree; or
- Undergraduate Degree in a subject other than Law and Graduate Diploma in Law.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77522979