SF Group are recruiting for a Financial Accountant at a blue chip wholesale and distribution group based in Birmingham.
Reporting into the Systems and Accounts Manager you will be responsible for systems issues, performing reconciliations of the key control accounts and lead in ensuring the smooth integration between supporting systems and the GL on a regular basis.
- You will lead the system accounts processes ensuring appropriate cover when absences occur within the team
- Reconcile and report on the balance sheet areas within control accounts
- Interrogate anomalies within the GL and provide relevant data to assist in rectifying issues (system corrections)
- Import and export data from systems, extract high volumes of computer data, prepare system/technical data for management review
- Assist with aspects of the Company accounting that are undertaken by Management Accounts, including, as required, preparing and ensuring that key systems reconciliations are performed on a daily/monthly basis
- Maintain the nominal ledger chart of accounts within and the standardised reporting of cost centres and hierarchies Support system reporting requirements, including access rights
- Ensure all interfaces between the core finance systems and feeders systems are maintained and that the impact of any changes are communicated to manager
- Identify finance training requirements (skills and knowledge) related to ongoing issues caused by lack of understanding as to how the finance systems work, how they integrate to the feeder system and where to find information e.g. costs
You will be a part qualified Accountant with a strong systems background and Ideally some experience of process alignment, systems implementation and the development of a consolidation structure.
If this sounds like something you are interested in or know anybody who might be please do not hesitate to contact me on or on
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77432052