Utilities company in the Midlands is looking for a mechanical engineer to help them achieve their renewable energy goals.
Salary: £29,500 (OTE£50k)
Location: Gloucestershire & Worcestershire
Our client is a leading utilities company in the Midlands. Their customers, and the communities that they live and work in, are at the heart of everything they do. Their vision is to be the most trusted company in their field by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. They want their people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as they believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success.
The role of the CHP Technician is to specialise in the maintenance, operation, servicing/fault rectification of our fleet of gas engine driven generators (Jenbacher, MAN, Perkins) across the company. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake continuous training and development to multi-skilled and Gas Safe qualifications.
The role will develop to include different disciplines and skills covering the clients Renewable assets across the company including Hydro, Wind, Solar and any proposed expansion opportunities that will enable the Company to reach its ambitious Renewable Energy Objectives.
The position will involve participation on a Standby rota and weekend working where required. Paid overtime and other expenses are provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure effective and safe operation of CHP plant and associated equipment
- Operate/Maintain methane gas powered reciprocating CHP plant to high standards, in a safe & timely manner.
- Able to remotely monitor/control CHP installations.
- Be able to investigate, assess, repair & report on issues affecting CHP output.
- Carry out Mechanical & Electrical preventative maintenance activities/fault finding and rectification.
- Be able to investigate, assess and adjust CHP settings to maximise output.
- Operate and maintain a range of renewable energy technologies and assets.
- Contribution to improving all aspects of Health, Safety & Wellbeing, including those of contractors, visitors to site and other colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility in terms of plan changes and re-works.
- To work together as part of a strong team and alongside contractors
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanical base skill (Essential)
- Full driving license (Essential)
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 or above or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical skill (Essential)
- Sound knowledge of H&S principles (Essential)
- Engine maintenance experience (Essential)
- Ability to work without supervision (Essential)
- IT skills: Word, Excel (Essential)
- LV/HV SAP (Preferable)
- Previous experience in CHP maintenance would be an advantage (Preferable)
- Experience in plant monitoring using SCADA system or equivalent (Preferable)
If you are intersted in this positon please call Oliver Jones on 0121 7900 888
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77514630