Senior Client Accountant
Senior Client Accountant - Commercial Real Estate. Our Client are a successful property management company as well as a firm of chartered surveyors whom manage a range of commercial properties including multi-let offices, shopping centres and business parks. They are looking for a Senior Client Accountant to join their team in Central London.
The successful Senior Client Accountant will perform the following duties:
- Preparing timely and accurate client accounting, including bank reconciliations, rent , service and insurance charges to tenants, VAT invoices, rent deposits, cash receipts, transfer of rental income to clients, reconciliation of Service Charges, VAT reporting, client reporting and any other adhoc reports as appropriate.
- Ensuring that monthly bank reconciliations are prepared (in accordance with RICS) for all discrete client money bank accounts managed by the team.
- Ensuring all Service Charges in your portfolio are closed within 3 months of year end or within contractually agreed deadlines.
- Calculating and compiling of completion statements, rent review calculations and interest.
- Applying double-entry accounting.
- Calculating service charge cash surplus/deficit on sale.
- Attending meetings with clients to understand their needs and interpret their demands and respond as appropriate.
- Managing team members' workloads and providing informal (on the job) training for immediate team members.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the team portfolio and regular reviews of funding.
- Liaising with relevant surveyors, acting on and providing information as required.
- Applying consistencies and standards to client accounting work and service levels within team.
The Person: Must have at least 5 years' commercial property experience in a client facing role as well as having 3 years' staff management experience. The ideal candidate would be qualified or part qualified in AAT, ACCA or CIMA with sound understanding and knowledge of RICS regulation. They will also have intermediate to advanced Excel skills as well as experience using a property management system. The client is looking for an experienced Client accountant with strong communication skills as well as being highly organised.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77495487