Senior Global Accountant (Solvency II)
The Senior Global Accountant is a member of the Global Reporting Team, working within the Regulatory Reporting sub team responsible for the production of the Group ORSA, capital planning, forecasting and monitoring, and the maintenance of the SII technical framework.
Accountabilities and Activities
- Management of the timetable for the production of ORSA components
- Consideration of the appropriateness of the ORSA components
- Assessment of potential improvements to the ORSA process
- Consideration of regulatory guidance on the ORSA
- Drafting of the ORSA report
- Management of the ORSA governance process
- Ownership of the ORSA components produced by the Regulatory Reporting Team
- Supporting in the management and review of ORSA components produced by other teams
- Assisting in the development of the analysis of change in the solvency position and the messaging used in reporting over the emergence of the capital surplus for Bupa Group and Bupa Insurance Limited (BINS).
- Ownership of the calculation of and analytics over the plan solvency position for Group and BINS.
- Produce monthly and quarterly capital monitoring and reporting for Group and BINS.
- Production of the forecast Solvency position, to be used as a base in the assessment of potential investment opportunities, for Group and BINS.
- Documentation of the technical framework
- Monitoring and consideration of EIOPA and PRA updates
- Development of the internal capital reporting framework
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional qualification
- Understanding of the finance function within a global financial services business, ideally within insurance.
- The role requires the maintenance of effective working relationships with other teams across the Centre, Market and Business units and Senior Management.
- Experience of working within large processes with multiple stakeholders (e.g. other finance functions, senior management, external advisors and project teams).
- Thorough understanding of SII valuation and risk based capital principles.
- Experience in implementing new processes in finance functions.
- Previous experience in Solvency II reporting.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting tasks, senior demands and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including preparation of executive presentations, accounting papers and external reporting as many of the deliverables are highly visible up to Board level.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex accounting and reporting guidance.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and financial consolidation systems an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77341942