Legal Secretary -
£20,000 - 21,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an accomplished Legal Secretary to join an ever growing and forward thinking Firm at their impressive office based in Yeovil.
The department you would be working in is Family/Matrimonial - this is a people-focused area of law. Family and divorce lawyers deal with diverse legal issues including marriage, civil partnerships and unmarried couples, cohabitation, separation, divorce, financial claims and the now common pre and post nuptial/civil partnership agreements. Work on matters relating to children also form a big part of a family lawyer's daily caseload.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing secretarial and administrative support to a Legal team in a way that enables optimum efficiency.
The successful candidate will be client focused, with strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task, they will be courteous and professional with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. They will possess excellent IT skills including Office, Outlook and database administration. There is an expectation that your typing speed will be at or above 60 words per minute, and this will be assessed by a typing assessment carried out by Smart Recruitment
• Accurately create and input documents from digital dictation onto the case management system, checking with the Legal Advisor on any unclear details and ensuring that the document is properly constructed and accurately conveys his/her meaning
• Draft straightforward legal documents using the precedents provided, filing documents online where appropriate
• Draft contract documentation for sales
• Ensure all email correspondence is entered on to Caseplan
• Manage workload effectively and ensure deadlines are met
• Ensure all photocopying is accurate; take responsibility for checking photocopying done by Office Assistant
• Ensure all post is checked and subsequently signed by the Legal Advisor and that it is ready for collection by the nominated time
• Open and create new files, as instructed by the Legal Advisor, in line with the Firm's procedures
• Take initial instructions from clients, open and create files in line with Firm's procedures
• Provide quotes to client's (both verbally over the telephone and in writing)
• Deal accurately and promptly with the filing of all correspondence and documentation
• Assist the Legal Advisor with any aspect of file management, as requested
• Carry out bankruptcy searches and Land Charges searches independently
• Assist with exchanges and completions
• Prepare paperwork for completions without dictation
• Deal with all post-completion matters, clearing charges to and submitting registration forms at the Land Registry, completing Stamp Duty Land tax returns
• Finalising paperwork and sending to client and closing file
• Prepare files for archiving and completedeletion forms promptly
• Attend to clients on the phone and in person, accurately recording any messages and passing on to the appropriate person without delay
• Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, and maintain up-to-date diaries using the appropriate diary function, if requested
• Inform Reception of the whereabouts of the Legal Advisor, thus providing a more efficient service when dealing with client calls
• Ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client documentation and/or information
• Observe the Firm's standards of quality management in all respects
• Undertake any additional duties which from time to time may be requested
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic employer where employees are encouraged to realise their potential and personal development through training is fully supported.
If you are sure you have what it takes to succeed in this highly pressurised role, multi-tasking to the max whilst remaining cool, calm, collected and professional then please submit your CV as soon as possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77504770