Accounts Payable Assistant
An exciting new opportunity for either an AAT studier or somebody with Accounts Payable experience to join a friendly and welcoming team based on the outskirts of Bicester. This is a full time, permanent role.
The client is one of the UK's leading organisations within their specialist and unique industry. They have a countrywide presence and are currently look to recruit into their finance team within the North Oxfordshire office.
The duties within this Accounts Payable Assistant role are as follows:
- Receive and process supplier invoices in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Identify and resolve issues preventing input of invoices ensuring invoices are approved in time to meet agreed payment cycles
- Build and maintain strong internal relations with both the finance and operational community
- Prepare and process supplier payment runs
- Reconcile supplier statements ensuring all invoices and payments are properly accounted for
- Maintain supplier base by verifying and updating supplier information
- Maintain accounting ledgers by identifying and reducing debit balances and unallocated transactions
- File and archive documentation in line with records retention policies and procedures
- Build and maintain good supplier relations.
The successful candidate will preferably have experience in accounts payable but this not essential.
A sound knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles as well as excellent data entry skills with a keen eye for detail will help greatly.
If no previous accounts payable experience, the candidate would ideally be studying towards their AAT qualification and be looking to progress their career within the financial sector.
Depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate, the basic salary on offer for this Accounts Payable Assistant position is between £17,000 - £20,000.
A generous benefits package will also be offered.
Hands on training will be provided and our client has regular salary reviews.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77309305