£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Pension + PMI + other benefits
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. No equity trading is undertaken.
You must be able to contribute positively to small, close team and establish good working relationships with relevant parties and colleagues. Working within a multi-cultural environment and reporting to the Credit Risk Manager, you will provide high quality and rigorous credit and financial analysis of counterparties in Europe (Corporate and FI), supporting both the business development team and the London credit committee for:
- New transactions
- Annual and periodic reviews
- Monitoring portfolio performance
- Assisting with the management of watch list and impaired credits
- Timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of corporate, FI and commercial real estate applications in support of new transactions. Corporate clients range from medium sized unlisted corporates to large listed and rated corporates; from diverse sectors such as contracting, oil & gas, manufacturing, hotels etc.
- Recommendation of country limits, corporate and Banks/ FI limits and exposures.
- Presentation at Credit Committee meetings
- Other credit related tasks and research that may be assigned from time to time by the Credit Risk Manager.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2:1 degree, highly numerate and minimum 5-8 years credit analysis experience, primarily with various European counterparties and range of industry sectors
- Good knowledge of corporate credit (rated and unrated corporates) and secondarily, (some) banks/FI experience.
- Experience of analysing structured or more complex transactions including syndicated loans and also trade finance
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands and enjoys working in a dynamic and small team.
- Accuracy and high level of numeracy in relation to financial analysis. Highly skilled at spreadsheets; ideally with some financial modeling experience.
- Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy and eye for market research and following industry trends pertaining to bank's portfolio.
- Good working knowledge of banking and securities market products.
- Ability to examine and evaluate cross border risk.
- Good awareness of market developments (including financial markets, industry sectors, macro political and economic issues
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77525574