Dodington Park Estate is on the boundary between South Gloucestershire and the county of Avon balanced on the Cotswold Escarpment. At the centre of the estate is Dodington House an 18th Century Georgian mansion which is currently being used as a private home.
When you come to work at Dodington Park, you’ll be joining a team of dedicated staff who work towards the renovation and maintenance of the house and surrounding estate, and where we always strive to achieve the highest possible standards of work and craftsmanship.
Responsible for preparation of the Management Accounts, budgeting and monitoring performance against these for review by the Head of Finance, as well as delivering ad hoc finance-specific projects.
- Complete month end processing, inter alia: accruals, pre payments, fixed asset disposals, additions, depreciation and other journals.Prepare management and statutory accounts for two entities including commentary and meaningful analysis of variances.Maintain balance sheet reconciliations and investigate variances.Prepare monthly cash flow for review by Head of Finance.Prepare budgets for review by Head of Finance.Analyse of monthly departmental budgets and challenge variances with Managers. Prepare VAT return including Capital Goods Scheme review, P11D and QIPS for review by Head of Finance.Own and drive ad hoc projects such as implementing elements of a Quality Management System and Process Mapping.Ensure Management accounts are providing meaningful information for organisational decision making.Provide analysis for Head of Finance to complete the 10 year financial plans.Use historic financial information to analyse project budgets for reasonableness.Suggest and implement improvements to reporting; taking the initiative to design and write these reports within Power BI and AFR.Assist in the Head of Finance in the review of controls and suggesting improvements.Implement KPI reporting; e.g. analysis on purchase orders, project spend.Take ownership of monthly calls with the Finance Systems team to ensure that the system is fit for propose, that financial transactions have been processed to provide accurate financial information, and driving improvements where required (including testing).Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience.
- Able to build relationships and explain finance to non-financial managers.
- Logical and solutions focused, self-motivated and competent with previous experience as a Management Accountant.
- Able to operate in a changing environment and drive change.
- Enjoy challenges and finding solutions.
- Able to suggest improvements to internal controls based on experience in previous roles.
- Able to prioritise and work within a timely manner to deadlines.
- Proficient excel skills (ability to set up Vlookups and Pivot tables essential) and able to pick up new IT packages quickly.Exposure to building systems is advantageous.
- Ability to liaise with lawyers and tax specialists to obtain advice on projects and complex financial matters.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77434852