Our client, a well known organisation is looking for a Management Accountant to join their accountancy team in Crawley.
Our client, a well known and growing organisation in Crawley is looking for a Management Accountant to join their accountancy team.
Our client, a well known organisation is looking for a Management Accountant to join their accountancy team in Crawley. Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the financial management systems.
- Assist in the completion of annual Financial Statements in line with the year-end Statement of Accounts timetable, including assistance with the completion of disclosure notes and related working papers.
- Devising systems and procedures to support effective budgetary control.
- Provide support, advice and challenge to budget holders regarding the setting and monitoring the organisations revenue budget.
- Responding to the changing requirements of customers while balancing these against the need for adherence to professional standards and guidelines.
- Providing accurate and timely information for the purpose of financial management, monitoring and control, and improving the quality of information provided. Investigating budget variances and providing advice proactively thereon.
- Training key stakeholders in matters relating to the revenue budget and financial systems so that stakeholders are able to understand and fully contribute to the production of financial information as well as transparent financial performance and management.
- Playing a role in evaluating and creating business cases, including investment appraisal techniques.
- Assisting in preparing reports for consideration by Members on matters dealt with by the Finance division.
- Assist the Corporate Accounting and Treasury Manager with any projects being undertaken by the Finance team.
- Responsible for the completion of management reports, statistical returns as required.
- Work collaboratively with the other Management Accountants to provide high quality support and information as required.
- Share responsibility with the other Management Accountants to provide a seamless finance service providing cover for colleagues during any periods of absence and proactively managing workload peaks.
- Liaising as necessary with internal and external auditors.
- Undertake such other duties as may be appropriate to the post.
The ideal candidate will be studying AAT/CIMA/ACCA & be avialable to start on short notice & ability to communicate effectively using different communication methods and styles for a wide range of customers.
£28k - £35k
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77335372