Graduate Teaching Assistants needed - Southwark - Jan 18
Graduate Teaching Assistants needed - Southwark - January 2018 start
£60 - £90 per day (depending on experience)
JANUARY 2018 start (sooner for the right candidate)
Veritas Education are recruiting for a number of primary schools in Southwark and surrounding boroughs.
We are seeking a number of graduate teaching assistants or teaching assistants who are SEN specialists.
We have a number of vacancies from day to day cover, short term and long term bookings. These may vary from part time and full time.
The schools we work with vary from Local Authority Schools, Independent, Academy and Free Schools.
From small 1 form entry to larger 5 form entry schools.
- To assist and support the class teacher in a group basis or working 1-2-1 with pupils who need additional support
- To support the class teacher with Behaviour management in line with the schools behavioural policy
- To adhere to all safeguarding policies
- To be a part of the whole school community, covering lunch time duties, parents evenings and school trips where needed
- To liaise with outside organisations, parents and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the smooth running of the class
What we offer;
- Competitive daily rates
- On-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, experienced consultant
- A variety of opportunities from day to day, short term and long term assignments
- Career Progression opportunities
- Flexible working patterns
What you need;
- All shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full registration interview to ensure all safeguarding and compliance procedures are adhered to.
- You will need an update DBS that is registered with the Update Service.
- You will need to provide 2 recent, relevant references prior to attending any interviews/trials.
- Be open and available on short notice to attend interviews and trials and also to start work.
If you are successful with your application, our schools will expect you to attend a paid trial day and interview to be able to assess whether you are suitable for the role.
If you would like to find out more about the schools we work with and the roles we have available, please follow the process below and submit your CV
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77461112