Part time Bookeeper
Our well established client is seeking an enthusiastic and capable bookkeeping on a part time basis. Hours can be flexible to suit the right candidate.
Given the nature of a small team environment, the right individual will have an accounting / bookkeeping bias but be willingness to be hands on in all areas.
We would like to hear from individuals with excellent attention to detail, a willingness to work flexibly to meet changing requirements from day to day and the ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
- Processing information onto accounting software (SAGE) and producing reports. This includes all aspects of accounts payable and receivable (e.g. posting of customer and supplier invoices, checking supplier invoices before payment, reconciling bank transactions and accounts to ensure the accuracy of entries made, preparing VAT and EC Sales submissions to HMRC, logging credit cards data, processing staff expenses)
- Preparing monthly management accounts and other financial reports
- Processing sales orders, issue client invoices, monitoring unpaid invoices
- Supporting payroll activities and other HR duties (eg. monitoring holidays and absences)
- Other office management and administrative support including keeping the office organised
Experience and Skills required:
- Proven experience in a bookkeeping role is essential (at least two years)
- Outstanding attention to detail and a natural urge towards neatness in all working activities
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Working knowledge of SAGE software (ideally Sage 50)
- Problem solving abilities and willingness to use your own initiative to drive improvements in processes
- Good computer literacy, in particular, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to work unsupervised in a small environment and to meet regular and required deadlines
- A can-do attitude and willingness to get involved in a range of areas
Due to the nature of the location, your own transport will be required.
Please send your CV in confidence to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77494972