Senior Credit Controller
Excellent Senior Credit Controller opportunity to join a well-established, Not-For-Profit organisation based in Manchester City Centre. This will be on a temporary to permanent basis, paying £23k - £25k.
As a Senior Credit Controller you will be responsible for:
- Chasing aged debts according to company policy, as directed by the Credit Control team leader
- Producing aged debt reports each period and chase up aged debts via phone, letters, e-mail and liaising with Business Relationship Managers to ensure debts are collected.
- Liaising with the Deputy Group FD on a monthly basis to review activities and ensure all debts are collected in the most efficient manner.
- Allocating outstanding cash and monitor unallocated cash as required.
- Ensuring debtors suspense account balance is zero.
- Preparing Bad Debt Provision lists on a periodic basis.
- Maintaining bad debts records and co-ordinate write offs.
- Completing bad debt write-off paperwork and pass to the Financial Controller for approval.
- Writing off penny balances as required.
- Updating Finance system and Client Management system with notes relating to Debts.
- Agreeing with Budget holders to pursue debts through legal channels.
- Issuing summons against outstanding debtors.
- Consulting budget holders with a view to issuing County Court Judgements.
- Dealing directly with company solicitors as required in accordance with company procedures.
- Dealing with internal/external customer queries.
- Developing the credit control function as necessary in line with company developments.
- Carrying out ad hoc duties as may become necessary from time to time, including cover within the Finance Team.
As a Senior Credit Controller you must:
- Be an experienced Credit Controller with a proven track record in a similar role
- Be able to work off own initiative
- Be highly organised and able to follow procedures
- Be able to manage own workload
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Be an advanced user of Excel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77480777