Accounts Payable Administrator - 12 Month FTC
ABOUT THE FIRM
As the UK’s leading independent commercial property management specialist, Workman has an enviable position within the property industry. The Firm delivers to its clients an unrivalled service dedicated solely to the fundamentals of property management and building consultancy. We pride ourselves on the calibre of our employees and their unique skill sets. We offer a nationwide service, utilising the local knowledge of more than 600 employee’s and Partners working from a national office network with 11 principal offices in the UK an office in Paris and a growing presence in other European countries. Workman is currently undergoing a period of consistent and sustained growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To be responsible for a Client portfolio ensuring the payment of supplier accounts are met in accordance with agreed credit terms. To ensure an efficient Accounts Payable system is maintained. This is a fixed term contract until March 2018.
LOCATION - Bristol
- Ensure invoices received in the Bristol Office are sorted and sent off site for scanning or logged onto a spread sheet
- Deal with exceptions, rejections and queries on Palette each day to ensure all invoices are processed quickly and efficiently. Check daily batch
- Liaise with Property Managers regarding the approval of invoices in a timely manner and any funding issues
- Reconcile supplier statements and obtain copy invoices where necessary
- Reconcile utility bills, making sure any brought forward balances are dealt with
- Ensure all payments are made within the supplier's deadlines, thereby avoiding the disconnection of supplies and the withholding of goods and services
- Any other duties that will ensure the smooth running of the Accounts Payable Department, as defined by the Head of Accounts Payable / Director of Accounts, Bristol
- Previous experience within a similar accounting position
- Ideally studying or desire to study an accounting qualification
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Maths and English G.C.S.E. A-C
- Strong numeracy skills
- IT and software skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and the duties may be amended from time to time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77239624