Interim Financial Accountant
This Financial Accountant role will report to the Group Financial Officer. As a senior member of the group finance function, the role holder will lead the audit and be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting.
This client is an education organisation that has helped professionals shape and develop their careers for over half a century. It is recognised worldwide for the high quality service it provides.
- Manage and lead audit, prepare statutory accounts and all group VAT returns
- Lead on variety of projects within wider business as well as finance team
- Ensure timely and correct payments and cash flow management
- Ensure all procedures comply with UK and US GAAP
- Support management accounts team during month-end close
- Manage group intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring completion and review on a monthly basis
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong Excel and system skills. Knowledge of UK GAAP is essential and knowledge of US GAAP is beneficial. Strong experience in VAT, corporation tax and statutory accounting is vital. You must be a proven problem solver with excellent communication skills. You must hold the ability to form and maintain strong relationships throughout the business, as well as be pro-active and self-motivated.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77490397