A leading marketing business based in Greater Manchester are looking for a Group Accountant to join their team for a staggering 18 month period on a fixed term contract.
This will be reporting to the senior finance manager and you will be responsible for the reporting and analysis of treasury activity across the Group.
To be suitable for this Group Accountant position within marketing there are a number of duties and responsibilities to be carried out each day:
- Assist Finance Manager in producing reporting and analysis as required in supporting our growing international business
- Reconcile, understand and communicate the Group's Foreign exchange results to the wider finance community in support of the month end close process
- Reconciliation of Net Financing Costs actuals, support and assist Finance Manager with the budgeting and forecasting of treasury related items
- Reconciliation of group equity and group intercompany loans & related interest ensuring full elimination
- Reconciliation and control of intercompany trading balances
- Ensure treasury transactions are correctly recorded in accordance with accounting standards, particularly IAS32 and IAS39
- Assist with the implementation of IFRS9
- Complete monthly GL accounting for treasury instruments, including Sale & Leaseback and Gilts accounting
- Work as a member of the Group Finance team, participating fully in team activities and taking joint responsibility for team goals
- Work with the Capital Structure Finance Manager to identify and prioritise self-development and learning opportunities
There will always be extra duties and projects that arise so you will need to have a strong initiative to be successful in this role.
The skills and academics required for this Group Accountant position are:
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Good understanding of Group and Treasury functions
- Good experience of intercompany loans
- IT literate with experience using MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Good communication skills and professional telephone manner; able to engage and build relationships with differing levels of seniority
- Highly customer focused; excellent customer service skills
- Effective organisation and planning skills; able to plan and monitor own workload to meet tight deadlines
- Proactively focused on process improvement
- High level of numerical analytical ability; a clear thinker who is able to analyse, understand and draw conclusions on business information and financial data
If you would like to be considered for this Group Accountant position within a marketing company in Greater Manchester then do hesitate to apply. They need someone to start ASAP for 18 months!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77454657