Motors & Spotlight Technician
An opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers who specializes in equipment for concert touring and theatre, in the UK and globally.
The successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of hoists including: CM, Exe and Liftkets and spotlights to include: Robert Juliat. This offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic warehouse based role within a friendly and results driven team.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army) are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, operate, service and repair hoists (CM, Exe, Liftkets)
- Prepare, operate and repair Motor Control.
- Prepare, operate, service and repair Limpet personnel winches
- Operate Guil wind-up towers
- To prepare, inspect, repair and test Kinesys
- The prep, inspect and test BroadWeigh load cell
- Prep, operate and repair of spot lights (Robert Juliat).
- Check in / return scanning of all equipment in line with the checking procedure.
- Inspect returning equipment in line with the current process.
- Ensure that the standard of sub-hired equipment meets the Company’s requirements.
- Maintain communication with the Line Manager and Team Leader.
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
- Comply with all relevant health and safety requirements and manufacturer practices.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Load and unload trucks, when required.
- Ensuring the warehouse and work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- To ensure that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labelled and stored appropriately.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven practical experience in a similar role.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Autonomy and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Customer focused with a high level of attention to detail.
- Adaptable and results orientated.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Ability to work for paid overtime when required (including weekends).
- Hoists: CM, EXE and Liftkets.
- Spotlights: Robert Juliat.
- Guild wind-up towers
- Personnel lift – Limpet
- Kinesys Vector, Libra load cells and Digi Hoist Controls.
- Broadweigh load cells.
- Motor controls.
- Experience using a stock control system.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77341610