General Operative - Apprentice
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products. Here at our Leicester Manufacturing site we specialise in everyday favourites such as Walkers, Salt '&' Shake, Wotsits and Chipsticks. Do you want to work in a Company that has a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love, in the biggest crisp factory in the entire world where you can receive a formal accredited training programme via an apprenticeship where you will gain a Level 2 Diploma in Food and Drink Operations?
It is an exciting time for us and we continually strive to improve our business performance. Our General Operatives (GO) are a huge part of our operation and work across every area of the plant undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain our high standards. We are looking to recruit a number of a General Operatives to work in all areas of our incredible factory.
Our GO's work in a range of areas including: Packaging, Process, Multipack and Services. In Process, you could be involved with inspection duties, manual handing, automation tasks carrying out housekeeping duties or carrying out laboratory tests. In Packaging & Multipack, you'll be part of a team packing product, operating and checking machinery and carrying out important quality checks.
No matter which area you come into, you will be part of a busy and diverse team who are committed to the PepsiCo brand. In joining this team you will be supported in your role via a team of co-ordinators and you will be responsible for the performance of your zone using our LEAN Manufacturing framework of Quality Cost Delivery and Morale (QCDM).
What We Offer
PepsiCo are committed to the development of its people which is one if the reasons why we have encompassed this fantastic role with an Apprenticeship where you get to learn whilst you earn! You will receive comprehensive training for the GO role and will be supported during your probationary period to achieve the required standard. Those with the potential to progress will have the opportunity for further development to enhance their career within the wider PepsiCo business.
Our culture at PepsiCo is very inclusive. We are committed to the local community and the environment via our corporate & social responsibility and our Performance with Purpose pledge. We regularly reward and recognise those individuals who go above and beyond in their role.
Flexible benefits inc childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme, subsidised canteen, access to staff gym, staff discount shop, Long Service Rewards.
Salary / benefits
- £8.34 per hour excluding shift premium, reviewed annually. Pay will increase subject to successful completion of the training programme (approximately within 12-15 months)
- Competitive Holiday and Pension Scheme
If you are results driven, self-motivated with a can-do attitude, then we would love to hear from you!
Activities and Requirements include:
- Operating and setting machinery within a zone whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, ensuring they are H&S compliant, at a set standard and identifying when they are not.
- Understanding the cause for any drops in standards with machinery, along with the impact of this and how to rectify issues.
- Understanding and interpreting numerical data and confidently communicating verbally and in written form machine performance and any gaps in standards using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Proactively escalating for assistance from wider shift team / Co-ordinators / Managers where necessary if issues occur outside of the GO remit
- Please note that if your application is progressed, you will be required to complete assessments both online and in person
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77433040