Legal Secretary - Commercial Property
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Legal Secretary to join one of our clients in their Commercial Property department located in Derby.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support with a team of secretaries to support 9 fee earners within a busy Property team.
- Audio typing via digital dictation system of letters, correspondence, leases, land registry transfers, contracts, licenses, tenancies and attendance notes.
- Copy typing draft to finished items.
- Preparing official forms for searches and applications to the Land Registry.
- Carrying out on-line pre-contract searches
- Scheduling deeds and requesting receipt upon dispatch
- Answering external calls to fee earners and assisting with client enquiries if possible.
- Sorting incoming post, processing incoming cheques and acknowledgments.
- Maintaining diary and brought forward system to ensure clients / matters are reviewed and to act as a reminder to the Solicitors.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
- Maintaining diary and arranging appointments, meetings and lunches as required.
- Preparing draft bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests etc.
- File closures.
- Arranging Travel/ Accommodation
- Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77470268