Group Chief Accountant
Churchill Howard have been engaged to recruit a Group Chief Accountant for one of the Midlands' leading employers. This role will have a high profile and take responsibility for the Group's external financial reporting and development of their accounting policies.
As Group Chief Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee preparation (including format and content) of Group Annual and Half Year Financial Statements, ensuring compliance to all applicable standards and regulations
- Taking a lead as the primary source of current and prospective accounting and external reporting guidance for divisional management
- Development of Group accounting policies including analysis and advice on the impact of any GAAP changes to the Group's financial reporting
- Project lead for any major accounting changes and implementation programmes (eg: IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Being the Statutory Company Director for the majority of the Group's UK and Intermediate Holding Companies
- Providing advice and financial analysis support to the Group FD and Investor Relations team regarding delivery of Group external communications including Full, Half Year and Quarterly Stock Exchange Releases and Presentations
- Member of the Group Finance Committee, attending Half year and Full Year Group Results Audit Committees
To be successful, you will need to be:
- A qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA / CA)
- Preferably Big 4 trained
- Able to demonstrate experience of external reporting in UK plc environment
- Able to show advanced and current working knowledge of IFRS reporting
- Experienced in constructing and owning Annual Financial Statements
- Confident in the theory and practice of global multi-currency group consolidations
The role would ideally suit an experienced Senior Manager from within the Big 4 with experience in completing Group Consolidation Audits. Equally, it could suit someone working in industry in a similar role within a smaller group and looking for a bigger challenge.
The package on offer reflects the desire to secure the highest calibre individual for the role and someone with ambition to really make a difference to an already highly successful business.
If you have the experience required and would like to be considered, get in touch with your CV to register interest.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77495208