Company Accountant - Media Sector
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Professional Recruitment are working with a leading advertising and design agency to recruit for a Group Accountant to join their operation in Belfast City Centre. Our client works with some of the UK and Irelands leading brands as well as growing indigenous companies. The creative team within this business deliver unique engagement campaigns across multiple media platforms in order to attract followers, advocates and purchasers. This is truly a fast-paced industry sector.
This organisation has experienced 10-15% growth year on year since 2014, and the promotion of the previous post-holder to Group Financial Controller shows that the business is highly successful and the opportunity for career development is certainly present.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified accountant from industry or accountancy practice to take the next step in their career in terms of technical challenge and responsibility.
£30,000 - £36,000 plus benefits.
You will ensure that proper records of account for assets, liabilities and transactions are maintained throughout the Company (and Group as part of the consolidation process). You will also ensure that financial control is exercised through the Company and to prepare P&L and Balance Sheet figures in a statutory form suitable for audit and in line with the Group Company Accountant instruction as set out by the Board.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaise with the main accounts team and ensure that they have the relevant records to enable them to process transactions in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assist the Operations Director and relevant company staff with preparing estimates for quotes to Clients.
- Ensure that 'jobs' set up in the company accounting system reflect the accurate financial position.
- Ensure that Work In Progress is reviewed regularly and Sales invoices are raised in a timely fashion.
- Ensure by regular review that debts are collected as they fall due.
- Manage payments to Supplier within the agreed terms.
- Manage cash flow in conjunction with the Group FC on a daily basis.
- Provide analysis of Income and expenditure figures as required.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts and assist in the preparation of annual statutory figures of audit.
- Assist company staff with finance related matters as they pertain to the company.
- Provide such reports and information on a day to day basis as may be required by the senior Management staff and the Group Company Accountant.
What we are looking for?
- You are a qualified accountant with a number of years' experience in working with and/or managing an accounts team and preparing statutory accounts.
- You are a good communicator and enjoy the pressure and challenge of a mixed group trading entity.
- You have good reporting and presentation skills and are happy presenting financial information to senior directors in a meaningful and concise manner.
- You have excellent spreadsheet skills and have the facility to understand and utilise differing accounting software packages.
- You will ideally have worked on non UK based financial entities and have experience of working with different currency bases.
- You are self-motivated and readily take on responsibility where a financial impact is evident.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77486413