Family / Care Legal Secretary - up to £21,000 Excellent Package
My award winning, top tier legal Client now require an experienced care Legal Secretary.
Overview, skills and experience
- To provide effective secretarial and administrative support to the partner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency
- Excellent word processing and audio typing skills
- Efficient and well organised, with good diary control
- An effective communicator, both orally, and in writing, who is confident dealing with clients and third parties
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Previous experience as a family/care legal secretary
- To prepare correspondence and documents.
- Preparation of court documents and bundles
- Administration of client files, which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained on the Intranet.
- To keep filing up to date and ensure that files are tidy and lexcel compliant.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for their fee earner.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Endeavour to resolve client and third party queries where applicable without fee earner intervention and pass any urgent and/or outstanding issues to the fee earner for guidance.
- To keep dictation up to date within agreed timescales and advise when outside of timescale - to be agreed with individual fee earner.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and development.
- To ensure billing is completed on a monthly basis.
- Apply for legal aid certificates and complete all necessary forms.
- To provide guidance to junior staff as required.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client's documentation and information.
The successful candidate will enjoy a busy and varied support role. You will be a conscientious and thorough team player who takes pride in delivering quality work. Fast and accurate typing speeds are essential for this post.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience, and the firm offers a benefits package, as well as realistic opportunities for development and progression.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77434960