Assistant Management Accountant
- Assistant management accountant
- Superb career opportunity
My client is one of Kent's leading employers and most prestigious firms. They are seeking to add an assistant management accountant to their busy finance team.
- Working closely with the Assistant Finance Manager.
- Production of actual and forecast management accounts for Property and Canteen departments. Work toward challenging inputs from these areas to facilitate more accurate forecasting.
- Review invoice coding to ensure that costs are correctly allocated against forecast.
- Production of accruals and general ledger journals relating to Property and Canteen.
- Understanding of key variances against forecast, providing supporting commentary to explain those variances.
- Assist with operational financial support for the business.
- Production of actual and forecast overhead costs with staff models, understanding of fixed assets and capitalisation. Work towards challenging inputs and to provide insight to the Assistant Finance Manager.
- Production of key financial accounting processes, analysis and reconciliations and ensure appropriate controls in place within the Financial accounting space.
- Ensure appropriate risk measures are taken within the context of the specific role, and understanding and adherence to risk registers and corporate governance is understood. Maintenance of Finance risk register for Saga Group where appropriate.
- Assist in other analysis - dependent on the focus of the role.
- Production of balance sheet reconciliations and month end file for review, providing supporting commentary to explain key balances.
- Develop balance sheet reconciliations to provide greater insight and control of the figures with appropriate checking mechanisms in place.
- Responsible for balance sheet reallocations and recharges such as photocopier, postage and telephones.
- Establish relevant and timely communication with internal and external customers to ensure that performance standards are met.
- Liaison with internal / external audit teams as required.
- Liaison with other companies within the group and external companies as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a professional manner, good academic and mental abilities, good inter-personal skills, understand the importance of deadlines and be willing to work towards achieving them;
- The individual should have drive and determination to succeed, and be willing to challenge existing processes. Confident speaking across various levels of the business, conveying complex ideas at an appropriate level
- A strong numerical background, proficient with MS Excel skills. Ideally, have experience of Coda Dream, Cognos Enterprise Planning and TM1, although this is not essential as training can be provided.
A competitive salary package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77260926