Accounts Payable Assistant (full time or part-time job-share)
Dodington Park Estate is on the boundary between South Gloucestershire and the county of Avon balanced on the Cotswold Escarpment. At the centre of the estate is Dodington House an 18th Century Georgian mansion which is currently being used as a private home.
When you come to work at Dodington Park, you’ll be joining a team of dedicated staff who work towards the renovation and maintenance of the house and surrounding estate, and where we always strive to achieve the highest possible standards of work and craftsmanship.
To ensure that invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner, and that there are sufficient funds in the bank account to cover these payments. To provide administrative support to the finance team, as required.
- Enter purchase ledger invoices and employee expenses onto the finance system, prepare payment runs and set up online payments.
- Liaise with managers and suppliers to resolve discrepancies and queries on invoices.
- Perform duplicate payment reviews.
- Ensure integrity of the supplier data in the finance systems, competing regular supplier reconciliations.
- Set up new suppliers; performing credit, insurance and financial checks.
- Review suppliers on a regular basis to ensure vetting is up to date.
- Liaise with the finance and administration team to ensure that all delegations of authority are kept up to date.
- Administer timesheet recording information and act as a champion for the timesheet software.
- Keep processes and controls under review to ensure effectiveness, suggesting improvements where they are identified.
- Review and communicate bank balances and funding requirements.
- Support the finance team with other general admin duties or ad hoc projects where required.
- Previous experience in a role as an Accountants Payable Assistant or similar position (involving most of the key tasks listed above).
- Commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, and attention to detail.
- Computer literate, with good skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel. Experience of Epicor desirable.
- Confident communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidentiality of the work.
- Keen to suggest improvements to current ways of working.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work autonomously when required, whilst still possessing a strong team ethic.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77434263