Multi Skilled Apprentice - Maidstone Leisure Centre
Maidstone Leisure Centre, Kent ME15 7RN
12 - 15 Month Apprenticeship
£180.00 per week
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship – Level 2 Diploma in Activity Leadership
30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Located in Mote Park in Maidstone, the whole family can enjoy five swimming pools as well as exciting water features, Flume, Waves and Polar Adventure.
Maidstone Leisure Centre are looking for driven and sport and leisure passionate candidates to join them to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2 and NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification)
Serco are working with an external organisation for recruitment to this apprenticeship scheme. Your application will be shared with an external organisation. By continuing with your application, you are consenting to your application being shared with our partner Lifetime Training
This is a 12-15-month Apprenticeship and during this time, you will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 and NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification) with award winning training delivered by Lifetime Training. This is a work based training programme
Please be aware that during your Activity Leadership Apprenticeship, you will also gain your Leisure Operations Level 2 Diploma and your Fitness Instructing Level 2 Technical Certificate.
Purpose of job
The Multi Skills Apprentice role is to work within the leisure centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times in of utmost importance. The role will involve supervision of specific poolside activities, as well as gym based activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness in particular in customer critical areas and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
Your duties will include:
- Your role will mainly be based around the pool doing LIFEGUARDING
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Ensuring the centre is always clean and tidy
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Adopting a customer service focused and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
- To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Strong swimming skills are essential
High personal integrity and motivation.
An open, honest and outgoing personality
Good communication skills.
Good strong swimmer
Have the ability to remain vigilant, alert and attentive
Have the ability to be calm and in control in pressurised situations such as emergencies ƒ
Have the ability to set and achieve high standards of centre cleanliness and presentation
Have the ability to deal with customers of all age groups.
Sustain a level of fitness to enable the physical aspects of the position to be undertaken
Self-motivated and organised.
Friendly and outgoing.
Minimum GCSE or equivalent desirable but not essential
Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full-time position
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77438346