Primary Teaching Assistant
Primary Teaching Assistants
- Across the Greenwich borough
- 65-85 daily rate
- Short term and long term contracts available
- 1:1 support with primary aged children with social, emotional mental health needs
- Full time or part time roles
I am currently recruiting primary teaching assistants to work for the Royal borough of Greenwich behaviour support service providing 1:1 support for children at risk of exclusion from their mainstream settings. The role of a primary teaching assistant will be to provide additional support for students with EHCPs in regards to their academic ability and social and emotional skills. Primary teaching assistants should be able to build strong relationships with all students and be able to communicate effectively with students and other staff members. You will be supported by the class teacher and SENCO and they have high expectations in terms of student's behaviour and academic achievement.
The ideal candidate for this primary teaching assistant role is:
- 1 years UK experience within a mainstream or a PRU
- 1:1 experience with children with SEMHD
- Team Teach (desirable)
- Strong National Curriculum knowledge
- Resilient nature and the ability to deal with challenging behaviour effectively and appropriately
- Ability to work as a team or individually
The Greenwich LEA provides support for children at risk of exclusion in mainstream primary schools or SEN schools across the borough. The roles are highly flexible and you are able to work on short term or long term placements that suit your schedule. The schools are located across the borough and a huge amount of support is provided by the schools, including the possibility of becoming a permanent member of staff for suitable candidates. Each role is different which gives anybody looking to gain a range of experiences the opportunity to build or develop experience with SEMHD.
If you are looking for roles that start ASAP or in January, please send through your CV to be considered today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77447431